The Voter’s Hackathon
The 2019 elections in Nigeria are around the corner. In 2015 there were 100M+ eligible voters, 67.4M registered voters yet just 29.4M votes cast. We are looking for a solution that drives higher voter particpation and ensures that votes cast count. Solutions should ensure that they are inclusive and foster the principles of SDG 16 – Peace – Justice & Strong Institutions. Participants are required to select at least one of the following:
Pre Election Problems
- How do you solve uncollected cards and appropriate distribution to voters?
- How do you solve the issue of voters transfer from one geo location to another?
During Election Problems
- How do you prove the authenticity of polling stations, candidates and location?
- How do you prove the validity of votes cast?
- How do you monitor voting activities in polling stations?
Post Election Problems
- How do you prove the validity of counted votes?
- Any solution that can only be implemented after the general elections on 16 February 2019.